Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 1

Okay, so I have started this blog for a few reasons.
1.It has been brought to my attention that I am not as hot as I used to be.
2. I am 20 and am frumpy and kind of lame.
3. This is NOT OKAY.

I am also a senior creative writing major at UD and feel like when I graduate if I ever need a good example of my writing (to be a columnist at some super popular magazine for example) all I'd have to do is give them the URL.

So, I'm just going to pretend that I have lots of readers and people commenting and asking me questions and such.

The first step in this is to figure out what you want changed, on the inside and outside.

For me, I just got washed up, right around the ripe age of 20. I guess it was my quarter life crisis? I stopped brushing my hair, feeling that the bun I had slept in looked fine. I wore my glasses like every day, not bothering to put in contacts. Makeup? HA! So this summer I just got fed up and since next year is my last year as a college student I am going to do it right...I think. Over the next 31 days I will hopefully be able to get myself out of my gross stage and into my fabulous stage.

The way this blog will work will be that there will be a step each day that will focus on something, the idea is that as the month goes on I will address more specific things, but right now it is pretty general.

Step 1: Assess your issues. What is it that makes you look in the mirror and just feel blah? Is it your weight? Or maybe you're like me and still have clothes from high school? Or maybe you look great but its your inside that needs an attitude adjustment. All of these things are conquerable.


Disclaimer: PGH isn't about just physical beauty, it is about something that I have always been pretty passionate about. It's more of a very very small movement to prove to women that they can all be hot. Or beautiful. Or pretty. Or whatever you want to call it. It isn't about your hair color, or your height, or eye color or anything like that. It is about loving yourself and learning to shape yourself into the person that you want to be.

I will also be posting pictures throughout this process, except that blogger is being silly and not letting me upload them, but hopefully soon.

xoxo
N

No comments:

Post a Comment