Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 12

So I had a bunch of people respond to my quest to see how many readers I have- you all are great and are seriously making me so happy.

I am going to take a break from deep posts because frankly it requires a lot of energy and I am just sleepy.
So today- we are talking about DANCING. My most favorite thing in the whole world. Ask anyone who has ever shared a room with me. I think dance is the most amazing and wonderful form of expression ever.

Dancing is also very, very hot. There is nothing better than a woman who can own her body and feels confident in it enough to be able to let loose. I have spent a significant amount of my life trying to help some of my friends understand this concept.

Let's talk about some ways the Pop Culture agrees with me on this concept.
So You Think You Can Dance? -Super hot TV show
"I Wanna Dance With Somebody"- Possibly one of the best songs in the 90's
Dirty Dancing- One of the best movies, ever. (Side note, for those men in the world who are just dying to marry me some day- if you would like me to be your blushing bride someday, you better know that our first dance is going to be the dance from that movie)
The list goes on and on.

I am going to FORCE myself to take Zumba next semester. I am never going to talk about weight-loss on this blog, BUT- I would highly recommend dancing as a way to do it. There are so many videos about sexy dancing weight loss programs and whatnot. There is a reason behind it.

My first year of college I would come home from class, remove which ever pieces of clothing prohibited me from moving freely and do my thang. 40 girls living around me had a life changing experience. I highly suggest this. It is the best stress reliever, next to sleeping in a fort for 2 weeks straight. But that is another story, possibly for another time.

When I was in Greece (which is a lifetime of stories), we would go to the clubs. Seeing as how I am STILL under 21, I had very little experience with American clubs. So we'd go and the boys there would all want to buy us drinks, which was generally accepted, and then...they'd want to dance. ew. Let this be known to all of mankind. I do not, and will not ever be going to the clubs to dance with a boy. I just like to do my thaaaaaaaang. If you know what I mean.

So are you a dancer? Do you understand my deep deep passion and love? Or do you think I'm just ridiculous.

P.S. I just love Jersey Shore so much. Words just can't explain. I am going to have to devote a whole post to it.


4 comments:

  1. I don't dance much but when I went to see George Clinton & Parliament/Funkadelic, I danced for three hours straight. It consisted pretty much of me just stepping from side to side and banging my head, but to be fair it was pretty crowded.

    Basically, I dance when I feel the funk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also...have you ever tried Blacklight Zumba? It makes it 1,000 times more amazing- if that's even possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virginia!! I will have to give that a try and I am so glad that you get me:)And Thomas, again, you just surprise me continually.

    ReplyDelete