Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 27

Ahhhhhhhhh!

I am stealing internet SINCE I DON'T HAVE ANY OF MY OWN. Sorry that I didn't post but for real...it was impossible. I will just keep posting a lot until I am all caught up. Which will be 5 posts between today and tomorrow....

Anyway, today's get hot topic is doing what needs to be done/ having some dang manners. Take my past three days for example. I needed a job and there was an opening for one for this weekend. I could make $13 an hour and work from 11-3. Who would pass this up? Well, I almost did. I have to ride around Main Street on a SCOOTER, wearing a too big T-shirt, in the sweltering heat, passing out flyers. It is probably the most lucrative and humbling job I have ever had. People aren't very nice, and they feel that when I approach them (very sweetly of course) they don't even need to give me a verbal "No thank you" and can just dismiss me with a wave of the hand.

Hi- news flash. Not okay.

It reminds me of Thomas' post, because a lot of the meaner individuals are more attractive. I will watch them walk close to me and mentally think "that dress looks so awesome on her" and then she'll sneer at me and when she walks away I think of lots of expletives.

The point is, if you aren't nice, you could be as hot as the sun and you still suck.
But lots of people are nice and take my flyers and talk to me and things like that.

And I made $200 in 4 days by working 16 hrs riding around on a scooter. Beat that.

2 comments:

  1. $200 in one day by working 3 hours on a soccer field. Beat that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got $200 on my last paycheck. that was for two weeks. And since I missed like a week and a half of work, my next is going to be less. BAH. Life < Everything.

    Good to see my post has become an industry standard.

    ReplyDelete