Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 6

First piece of business:

KELSEY SCHWARTZ WINS!!
She wrote a really sweet message about a friend that has been life changing for her.
She will be winning a really cute adorable set of bobby pins with gems in them. Kels, give me your address and you'll be getting them in the mail.

But on the the forreals side. Today's post is for men.
For real men, who know how to respect women. Who know better than to ever hit them. Who know better than to belittle and manipulate them. Muscles aren't hot. Fancy cars aren't hot. Treating your woman right is hot.

So do it.


That's it.

I'm just editing and updating, because this is on the same subject line.
I got a phone call from a good friend telling me that a rape had occurred very close to his home, in Newark.


I got home and could tell the girl on the second floor was freaked out so she told me a whole long story about last night.. apparently one of the homeless guys raped a girl that ***** had here last night the rape didn't happen in this house though ...there were detectives here today and **** told me she was really freaked out and didn't feel comfortable living here but she talked to the cops/detective.. she figures it is gonna stop when the semester starts. I don't agree.

The asterisks block out names, but thats exactly what he said to me.
Seriously?
There's also these if you care to read..
and

this is so not okay. This is more than not okay. Sleep is eluding me and I am bouncing between extreme anger and intense sadness. This girl's life is ruined. She will never view men the same, sex will never be the same. Her life will now have daily doses of fear, shame, and horrible memories. Just typing that makes me cry.

I feel like I need to fix these problems. But how can you stop someone from hurting someone else?


I am so grateful to the men that posted, agreeing with me.
For any of you that read and don't agree, let me blatantly tell you, you are wrong.
No matter how drunk a girl is, no matter how much skin she is showing, no matter how much she is flirting with you DOES NOT MEAN that you have ANY right to touch her. This is a free country, I am a free woman. I can dress and act as I please, but you can not touch me.

And, yes this situation is reversed. Just because a guy seems like he is into you, doesn't mean you can throw yourself all over him.

Where is the respect, for either gender?

All I know is if I am ever sexually assaulted, or anyone I am close to is.
The offender should probably kill himself, because that would be kinder than what I would do.

6 comments:

  1. what if a milf hits on an awkward (male) intern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems very counter-intuitive. Just so counter-intuitive that it just might work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a man, I agree with these sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, the fact that you are referring to her as a milf shows me that apparently you don't feel threatened, or even all that upset. You can politely say no thank you and walk away.

    Tom and Des, as always thanks for standing firm.

    ReplyDelete