Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 8

So, I try to write about things that have been on my mind a lot lately. I know the past two posts haven't been too fun, and honestly I'm still feeling pretty blah, but if there is anything that fixes that, (at least temporarily), it is new stuff.

I don't buy new clothes often. Really. I gained 6lbs since going to college, that's it. More than half of my clothes from high school still fit me, and I wore them, again and again. And then I started to get rid of a lot of stuff, but I was not able to buy at the same rate that I was getting rid of. The result was that I had 4 pairs of wearable pants, 2 of which I hated. Tank tops with holes in the seams. Cardigans that used to be pink and are now a weird pink/grey color. It was time for a new wardrobe. In any quest for hotness, a new wardrobe is always necessary. Whoever said that clothes don't make the man was clearly blind. It changes EVERYTHING. I feel like a new woman, thanks to working retail. it feels so good to have new things. When you don't have a lot of money to spend, shopping is never fun. When you can spend less than $60 and get two sweaters, a belt, pants, a tank top, and fancy hair pins...it is awesome.

So, if anyone in the Newark area between size 0-6 would like to shop at J.Crew, you can come in my closet, I own about half of it.

What do you think. Is clothing, and fashion overrated? Or do you understand the magic that lie within a perfectly fitting pair of jeans?


3 comments:

  1. take me shopping with you next time you visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that clothing can make you feel fabulous. It doesn't to be La Perla to make you feel like your Gisele Bundchen. Tim Gunn is a big proponent got getting rid of everything that makes you feel frumpy in order to jump-start your self image, and I definitely have to agree. Awesome post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A girl need new clothes, it helps eliminate the stress of figuring out what to wear.

    ReplyDelete