Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 19

Okay so I have a request. Some of my followers...I know who you are. But some are just so obscure, like my newest follower "Benjamin" I know a few guys named Ben, but none who go by their full name. And I just am dying to know who it is. There is also another by the name of 589 Class Group 3. I am just so curiousssss.

Okay so, today was the funeral. Way super sad, but also a lot of joy as well. I cried fountains. Which brings me today's (shallow) topic.

How to cry and not look ugly.
It took me years and years to perfect this. And I looked for a clip of how I learned / was inspired, but couldn't find one perfect enough. So please let your inner nerd shine through. In the LOTR movie ( I think Two Towers) there is a shot or Arwen crying in the forest, and she is just standing there, so peacefully and beautifully, while tears are falling freely. I thought...why can't I look like that? The real truth is because I will never be as good looking as Liv Tyler, BUT, I can do my best to not look like a train wreck whenever something sad happens.

So basically this is your how-to.
1. Don't do the thing where you make a really weird face because you are trying not to cry. That never works because you in the end always en up crying anyway AND you look like a re re.
2. When your tears are finally ready to fall...just let them. Don't scrunch up your eyes and whatnot. Just let the rivers roll. You should find that tears mostly fall from the corners of your eyes, where there generally isn't too much eye makeup. So you should be fine.

Or you could just use waterproof mascara, but I think that it is the Devil in makeup form. Seriously.


ALSO: JERSEY SHORE IS ON TONIGHT yessssssssssss!

Let me just talk about that right now, because it sort of plays into what I will talk about tomorrow.
I love JS. I love everything about it. I love when Pauly does his hair, I love when Situation flashes his abs, I love when JWOWW punches people, I love when Snooki does incredibly dumb things, I love when Ronnie makes a fool out of himself, I love when Vinny does just about anything, I love when Sammi whines and complains 24/7, and I even love when Angelina comes back to the shoe and thinks that she is gonna be cool with everyone.

I have never been to Jersey, in real life I find people with those...personalities EXTREMELY annoying. But for some reason, when JS is on, all of my other life issues melt away. And I get soooo happy. I just love their stupid lives. They're the trashiest role models I have ever had and I am not ashamed.

ALSO: Thomas and Shelb, I love you both for being so awesome and you can both Guest Blog!! Since I am going to be way busy this weekend it is actually a sigh of relief. Thomas you can have Saturday and Shelby you can have Sunday. Or not, if those days don't work for you. Let me knowwww

xoxo,
N

4 comments:

  1. I'm Benjamin! I figured I would use this name so as to minimize students looking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually went to the Jersey Shore a couple weeks ago. Didn't see anyone who looked quite as cartoonish as those guys do, though a lot of the people had an equally interesting interpretation of "attractiveness". Also, the waves are better than they are in Rehoboth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE waterproof mascara. Can you say eyelash loss and breakage hell??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Seaside Heights a week or two ago with my bf Katie and I would say the same thing about the beach. We saw the shore-house and it has mad bodyguards out front. I have to wear waterproof eye-makeup because I cry way too much. I cry about three times over the duration of a Degrassi episode alone and I watch those with my boyfriend so i cant be lookin' like no raccoon. haha. Oh and Sunday is perfect. I'll email you the post so you can put it up if that's alright?

    ReplyDelete