Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 7

Beating cancer is hot.

I think people who defeat cancer are superheros. And those that lose their life are soldiers that have died in battle. I think cancer is the monster that lurks under the bed, and somehow manages to sneak into the closet every time the lights get shut off. I think it is mean, and unforgiving. Everywhere I turn it is causing destruction. Cancer is fugly. Cancer is the sweater that your grandma got you two Christmas' ago that just sits in the back of your closet staring at you. It is draining and rude. It interrupts life without any warning. It is a thief, stealing life and opportunity from too many people.

I didn't intend for this blog to get so serious, but it is sort of hard for me to care about lip gloss when the outside world is falling apart.

Say a prayer tonight for someone you know who is affected by cancer. If you are lucky enough to not be able to think of anyone ... say a prayer anyway. What have you got to lose?

1 comment:

  1. I love you Nicole and I totally agree with every part of this post.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete