Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2

I know, I know. It's already "tomorrow", but I just feel that if I have yet to go to sleep and wake up, it is still today.

So, today we're going to discuss hair, since it is 1.superficial, 2. really annoying, 3. Taking up a huge part of my life right now.

So, my hair is not cool. It is medium length and brown. Awesome. The best thing about hair is that you can do so much to it and it if really sucks, you can cut it all off and....it grows back. You can't say that about everything.
So right now I am in stage 2 of many in a process to make my hair red. Thanks to the fact that my mom was a hair dresser, I can afford this. Otherwise it would be box dyes until I die. So we first did some highlights, golden brown, blonde, and copper red. Today we did a lot more blonde, and I was pretty nervous, but it looks decent. BUT it will soon be covered up by all over red.

And in a not so painful process, I went from blah hair to people commenting on it daily. Pretty fabulous if I do say so myself.

This is the part where I pretend that people are commenting and asking me for advice and things like that.

"Nicole, my hair is so boring, how do I make it look like I have natural waves"
Well, I am just so glad you asked! There is a very simple solution to this. Wash your hair as normal and blow dry it until it is only barely damp. Like...almost totally dry. This works for hair that at least touches the shoulders. You just twist it into buns, I do one on each side of my head. Go to sleep for the night, wake up and gently undo the buns. You hair should be a big twist on each side. Gently break apart and use some product to help it stay, (I just use hairspray and then scrunch.) It is such an easy thing to do, I love it.

Okay, it's almost 2 am and I am almost a zombie, so that's pretty much it for tonight.

xoxo
N

2 comments:

  1. When I straighten my hair {you know how it naturally is}, it's always frizzy. How can I make sure it's silky and smooth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this blog is great. i tried that hair thing and that's the first time I've ever been able to get my hair to have waves. I've been trying for months and my hair is so heavy and straight it would always fall, but that really worked. Also, I feel like I've kind of been doing this same thing this summer. I bought a lot of clothes and things that make me feel beautiful and i finally feel really good about myself and I think it's really great that you're writing and showing that anyone can feel that way.

    ReplyDelete