Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 22

Thomas is a Godsend.

let me just tell you how yesterday was literally one of the worst days ever. And now, I am exhausted, tired, and have a lot of packing to do before I move to Newark very very soon. So my darling Angel, Shelby is going to write a post.

I'm going to give some background on both Thomas and Shelbs right now.

Thomas and I went to high `school together but ..I don't recall us ever having a class together nor were we in similar social circles. Fast forward to Spring 2009, Tommy boy and I were both enrolled in the Worst Class Ever- aka ENGL208, Intro to drama. (sike it wasn't that bad, but it was definitely not one of my smartest course choices). So we bonded over our hatred of the course and the immense amount of material we had to study. Now we are both Senior Creative Writing majors and will be taking two classes together in the fall. We will both soon have best seller novels out on the market, be on the lookout.

Shelby and I also went to high school together but she was just a little baby! She came when I was a junior and I was just much more fond of her than the other freshies, although she was really strange I just found it funny. I have watched her go from super awkward high schooler to super smokin college student. Anyway, I think she is super great and she is always way nice to me. Which is awesome. Anyway she is at Rutgers in NJ and is probably going to do really cool things with her life that I will eventually be jealous of.



Sooooo read her post. Because it is great.



Hey everybody, I’m Shelby and for those of you who don’t know me I’ll let you know a little bit about myself. I’m a girl (obviously,) who wants to be an English professor. I met Nicole in high school and like soooo many girls, I’ve suffered from low self-esteem for most of my life. But lately I decided that I was going to be hot from the inside out (a little bit like the whole basis of this blog.)
So I started buying clothes that made me feel pretty, changing my makeup routine, and everything else I could do that made me feel like no matter what anyone else said, I was an undeniably beautiful girl. The first thing I noticed as soon as I changed my look was how many compliments I was getting. Not only were my friends, boyfriend, and family constantly telling me how nice my hair looked or how hot I was, but sales girls in the mall started asking me where I got my clothes and guys started staring.
This started me thinking about the importance of compliments. I was starting to feel more confident without anyone else’s encouragement, but as soon as people started noticing, I felt even better. And as soon as I started thinking about how good other people’s compliments felt, I started giving more. I’ve always been one to give a ton of compliments and whenever I do, I feel better about myself. That’s why this entry is about how giving compliments is HOT!
Whenever you receive a compliment, you no doubt feel good about yourself, but when you give one, and see how you can make someone else feel good, it makes you feel important and appreciated. Especially as women, we feel so much pressure to be perfect. We have to be perfectly dressed, hair done, nails painted, and have grace all at the same time, and as many of us know, that just ain’t happenin’ every day. So if you can tell someone how fabulous those jeans look on them or that their hair is just AMAZING today, you can make that person feel beautiful, and making people feel good about themselves, that’s just HOT!!!

5 comments:

  1. I never know how to take compliments. I just say thanks, and I know I don't really have to say anymore but then I keep talking and I just talk gibberish. They do make me feel good though, up until I start talking moron.

    We had maybe one or two classes, Nicole. I know we had Mr. Gravatt's class, and I think maybe we had Mr. Scott's class together. Maybe. And it was Spring '10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also: Shelby, are you dating Justin Colatrella? If so tell that guy I said hey and that I miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MR. GRAVATT! Nicole, how could you forget?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas, thats hilarious. I get awkward about compliments too and get all embarassed and dont know what to say. And I'll be sure to tell Justin you said hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGzzzz I am such a jerk. I totally forgot about Mr.Gravatt's class! And I seriously barely even remember Mr. Scott's class.


    And Shelby, my young jedi, I have trained you well and you have made me proud.

    ReplyDelete