Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 17

TWENTY FOLLOWERS!?
I would like to host a wonderful cocktail party and invite you all. That is how happy you make me. Maybe I will do that. Who is game?

Extra love to the people who will let me stay with them!! Paige and I are going to have to figure out which direction we'd want to go (whether it be north or south- the midwest is already out). But....don't be surprised when I call you in 4 months to make this happen.

Okay so let's talk abouttttt having a social life and why it is important.
Because it is, quite important.

Today I went out to lunch with 6 people today. All of these women are in their 40's (and then some), married, and have children.
wait- what?
Did I just flash forward to my future? If so- how bad could it be?

I firmly believe in having "dates" with more than just men.
(Not that I have had many dates with men in my lifetime)

The point is that people need each other. Whether you are old, young, married, single, boy, girl...whatever. And frankly, it's nice. You should make weekly plans with someone. Having something exciting to look forward to is always awesome.

Plus, who doesn't love food? Food is such a communal thing. Weddings- lot's of food, birthdays-lots of food, even funerals-lots of food. Wherever people get together, so does the food.
And I see nothing wrong with that.

I know this is a spastic post but there is so much pressure in my head that it might explode.

So, I guess it's weird to say that having great friendships and dates is "hot", BUT..what I can say is that it is really fun, and makes you feel great, and when you feel great on the inside, it shows on the outside:)

xoxo
N

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to supplement this with a little tidbit: The most tight-knit group of people I've met, aside from the theatre groups I've been in, is the gaming club here on campus. The D&D/LARP crowd is so big and so social, it really took me by surprise freshman year. And even something like World of Warcraft: my guild has been together since '05, and they're all like one big family. My point is that even if something doesn't seem social or stereotypically isn't, it almost always is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.amazon.com/Never-Eat-Alone-Secrets-Relationship/dp/0385512058

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I'll TOTES come to a cocktail party. Can't believe I'm the first one accepting that invite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea i would love a cocktail party! and dates are very important no matter who its with because it reminds you that there is always someone who wants to spend a romantic night alone with you even if it isnt a boyfriend or girlfriend ;)

    ReplyDelete